Analysis of Trifluoroacetic acid

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Analysis of Trifluoroacetic acid
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 08:02 am:

I would like to analyze purity of trifluoroacetic acid by GC. Can anyone recomend a column?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By maris on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 08:58 pm:

The choice of the column depend of possible impurities in your acid sample; if you are looking for impurities simular to TFA (organic acids) the best choice is FFAP column, but if impurities of another origin the answer is not so simple.
Good luck, Dr.A.Weisman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By H.Schnorbus on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 12:29 am:

If you use diazomethane for methylation beforehand, which I definitely recommend, then you can use pretty near any column available. If you measure the acid then I suggest an unpolar column. I can find no data, but this may help you
Th Io 558 dI= 1.27 of the TFA
Th Io 379 dI= 0.73 of the Methylester

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.