Temperature of column and effects

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Temperature of column and effects
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 09:05 pm:

What happens to the retention time when the column temperature is increased?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By smolinsj on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 09:06 pm:

please respond to me now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 09:07 pm:

i am a freshman bio major and is completely confused regarding the GC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 26, 2000 - 08:06 am:

Sounds like you're in the wrong field of study. Have you thought about driving trucks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 09:59 am:

"please respond to me now"---- Sounds like a 9 on the tension scale there son. The library has alot of references on the subject, so does the internet. Search and you will find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bill Jenko on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 05:34 pm:

In GC, generally, the retention time of a peak decreases with increasing temperature, assuming all other factors (flow, velocity, pressure) remain constant. There may be some exception to this rule, but I cannot think of one right now.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.