Turbochrom

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Turbochrom
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By chris on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 05:26 am:

For better or worse, we have installed Turbochrom workstation. I am trying to figure out how to do the following:

run a set of 5 injections of a standard, determine the average and rsd for these (per USP) use one of them to calculate resolution, tailing, etc, and then use the average in the calculations of the assay values. Can this all be done easily at once, or do I have to run them as suitability and then reintegrate as standards????? Any help is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Scott on Friday, October 27, 2000 - 09:48 am:

Depends how your sequence is set up. This is how I would do it using Turbochrom Client/Server - sorry, I am not familiar with Workstation.

In your sequence, set the sample type to Cal:GrandAvg and Calib Rpt to Long.

When you batch reprocess your sequence, you will get a calibration report with each standard. Ignore all of them until the final one as the average is updated on each one. The Adjusted Response column is effectively your average response for your standards and there is also a %RSD column. Check the figures by hand just to make sure though !

If you have more standards following your samples, be careful, as this technique will average all of them. Offhand, I don't know how you would deal with that situation.

Your sample results will automatically be calculated, so long as they are identified as Sample in the sequence.

As for suitability, you can load any .rst file you like into the Suitability program, set the criteria you want and just print the report, regardless of whether it is a standard or not.

Good luck!!!
(No, I don't work for PE)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.