CLASS-VP 4.3 Chromatography Software

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: CLASS-VP 4.3 Chromatography Software
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Phil Calvert on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 05:27 pm:

I would like to hear from anyone who is using Shimadzu's CLASS-VP 4.3 software. We would like to use it to control and collect data from a Shimadzu GC-14A, as well as collect data from a Perkin-Elmer Autosystem GC. We are currently using HP Chemstation software to control and collect data from two other GC's (HP 5890 Series II), and we find it acceptable.

If you respond to this message, please don't just say "it's good" or "it's bad" without explaining why. Those kinds of replies are essentially worthless, and I suspect that people who post such messages usually have a hidden agenda. Also, if you decide to reply to me by e-mail, *make sure* you remove "_NoSpam_" from my e-mail address before sending your reply. Thank-you.

Sincerely,

Phil Calvert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 11:26 pm:

Essential in this question is instrument you want to control. My recommendation is to take instrument producers' software - combinations with other supliers' software tend to create much more problems than "own" programs. Unfortunately, CLASS is also somtimes experiencing problems in instrument control, in most cases it depends on computer incomaptibility (CLASS-VP 4.3 is modernised, but esentially quite old software), so be sure to order computer from software supplier.

User interface is thing of taste, but CLASS is opening lots of separate windows, so when using 2 instruments it will be quite a mess.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.