7673A Injector Module Problems

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: 7673A Injector Module Problems
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Les on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 05:23 am:

I have recently upgraded the old 7673 injectors with the new injectors. Even though they look and operate the same.
The reason for replacement, plunger faults. Now the new modules are giving me headaches. Seems at the top of the plunger stroke, the tower faulted. This occurs with or without the needle installed. The "new" module is <1yr old.
The offender is Model # G1513A.
Has anyone run into this problem and corrected? Seems this always occurs before the weekend on the most critical of instruments!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Keith on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 07:45 pm:

you may have a loose or stretched out plunger belt you can tighten it up by pushing in the spacer at the top of the carriage assambly just below the plunger motor.the other problem could be that the plunger motor is defective.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Les on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 09:24 am:

Keith,
You are correct. The motor must have had a dead spot. I loosened the belt and let the motor run. Tightened the belt and the problem was corrected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ted on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 01:17 pm:

Keith's suggestion is a good one but in my experience it will be a temporary fix. We have seen this problem for years and done as Keith suggests only to have the problem reoccur days or weeks later. By now we know that when it first happens to be ready to send it for repair. The typical repair is a new belt and motor. Don't want to sound pessimistic but...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Les on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 07:46 am:

Ted,
You were absolutely on the money. The problem did reoccur and I have since changed the motor. I have been problem free for 2 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.