Error message on turbochrom with PE autosystem

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Error message on turbochrom with PE autosystem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By pierre philippe GARRY on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 06:45 am:

After few analysis, (between 3 and 10) I have got this :

Instrument : PE1
Unable to retrieve the link error message.
GPIB send error
Command send : caV
Error : 5 Timeout error
Unable to retrieve the link error message
GPIB send error
Command send : caV
Error : 5 Timeout error
Failed while Getting VSTATUS

During this message all others GC are stopped.
Now this autosystem is alone on a computer but I still have the same problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By John Hinshaw on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 07:54 am:

Pierre:

This error is caused by a communication failure between the LINK interface box and the PC. Turbochrom has tried twice to request and receive GC status information, with no reply from the LINK interface.

This could happen if you've got software, PC O/S, and firmware revisions that are not compatible with each other. I'd suggest that you upgrade Turbochrom, the LINK firmware, and the AutoSystem GC firmware to the latest versions. You should contact PerkinElmer service for the updates.

John Hinshaw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 02:12 am:

This is quite a common problem with 600 Series LINKs and Turbochrom. The communications between Turbochrom and the LINK get out of sync. Beats me why this would happen after several analyses though.

It can often be fixed by re-booting your Turbochrom system and cycling the power on the LINK box and your GC. You might also like to go to the configuration editor and re-configure your instrument.

Good luck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.