Setting GC acquisition rate?

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Setting GC acquisition rate?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By learning student on Saturday, February 10, 2001 - 11:55 pm:

Hello,
Could some please tell me where i can find information on setting acquisition rates? I know the basics on setting them, but i would like more information about it. Whats the best rate for reproducabilty? Is faster always better? Stuff like that.

Please any books or web pages that have information would be great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 07:03 am:

Remember high and low sample rates can mean the difference between excellent reproducibility and wasting your time. Each system is different and it comes down to what you are looking at. Are your peaks tall and sharp or small and fat? Some of the most common mistakes is to set a high sampling rate and then turn around and let the software try to correct the situation with bunching and high NT and AT's. Play with your system, and look at your chromatograms by data points, not by lines. Try not to bunch but do not allow the peaks to be split during intergration. I have found that a sampling rate or 3.xx or 6.xx works well

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.