TCD HELP

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: TCD HELP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By karin yaccato on Monday, April 2, 2001 - 07:15 pm:

Hi

I'm having problems w/ a TCD - it is giving me several small ghost peaks (about 4-5 of them, decreasing in size) after each of the first few real spectral peaks on a MSieve column...my injection is in the gas phase, 250uL..with a 1mL liner - so I don't expect backflash. I am wondering if it is in the TCD itself - the temperature control seems tempermental as of late....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark on Wednesday, April 18, 2001 - 11:47 am:

Run a blank. You are most likely using helium as a carrier gas, you have a MS column and a TCD. By running an injection of Helium, you should get no peaks. If you do get peaks, consider the fact that you might have a leak (room air will seperate into O2, N2, CH4, and CO depending on concentrations and leak rate - at minimum you will see O2 and N2).

What is your configuration?

Do you have a leaking valve or rotar?

Have you checked for leaks with a TC Leak Detector?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.