GC VALVES/FLOW-CONTROLLERS

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: GC VALVES/FLOW-CONTROLLERS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By vestelbshirley on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 07:36 am:

I have a couple of hp 5890 (II) gc's and need info on what breaks on these diaphragm flow controllers such as the 0-30 psi controller. It looks as if the spring, spring-base, screw, and diaphragm are the only moving parts. What usuall plugs up this type controller? diaphragm?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 29, 2001 - 09:12 am:

The only thing I have had break is the the diaphragm. These are polymeric, and I have seen a few of these rupture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 07:15 am:

I presume you mean the back-pressure regulator; this is like a normal gas regulator, but it maintains the *upstream* pressure constant with respect to atmosphere.

The system is nice because you don't empty the gas cylinder if the column breaks.

Derivatising reagents like BSTFA play havoc with the orifice and the membrane though, and this makes this type of GC fairly useless for some kinds of analysis.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.