Retention index database for wax col.

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Retention index database for wax col.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ajtony on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 11:55 pm:

I am looking for a retention index database for wax column (Quadrex 50m 0.32 ID um film)
Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Zsolt Ajtony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By B Hillard on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 11:35 am:

See the J&W (now part of Agilent) 2001 buyers guide. They have a very nice retention order index (by retention time and alphabetical) for hundreds of compounds, including data for their DB-WAX, which is similar to the Quadrex product. See www.agilent.com/chem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, February 4, 2002 - 03:21 pm:

Restek has a temp. programmed retention index data base. You can probably calculate the Kovats Index from it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 08:56 am:

AJTONY,

The DB-Wax is probably similar enough to Quadrex wax if you have a couple of minutes between your peaks of interest, but they are actually very different "wax" phases. Also, elution order on some very closely eluting compounds can be very dependent on the net chromatographic temperature at which the compounds are chromatographed. As such, you can get elution order changes just by switching temperature programs/dimensions. Given these two points, use the agilent information with caution, it really only applies to the DB-WAX column of those dimensions, run under those conditions. See page 6 of the Separation Times, volume 15, # 1 also available on the Agilent Web site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By rukawa on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 06:57 am:

what happens to the kovats index if we cut the column about 10cm. if we used 2 kind of method of running GC,one with 7 minutes and the other 90 minutes will the kovats index be different? do you know where i can find refences for this matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By rukawa on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 06:58 am:

what happens to the kovats index if we cut the column about 10cm. if we used 2 kind of method of running GC,one with 73 minutes and the other 90 minutes will the kovats index be different? do you know where i can find refences for this matter.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.