Analyzing thiols-disulfides

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Analyzing thiols-disulfides
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By V.Mat on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 - 12:01 am:

I want to analyze butanethiol and Dibutyldisulfide in an aqueous solution.
What is the appropriate technique and the correct preparation of the standards due to volatility?
Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 11:43 am:

Hello,
I have worked with much more volatile sulfur compounds and this is the technique that worked for me (I am sure there are others that work equally well). Get an idea of the density of the liquids first. Put about 90 mL of methanol (or solvent of your choice) into a 100 mL volumetric and stopper it. Weigh the flask, using a syringe add an amount of one of the analytes and then reweigh the flask. Repeat for the second analyte. With a little practice gives excellent precision and accuracy.

Regards,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Pat Renouf on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 10:02 am:

Hi, I have need to analyze thiazolines in aqueous solutions and also mercapto-ketones in air emissions, aqueous and solvent. I think GC may be my only alternative but I don't have one. I do have FTIR on site. Anyone have experience with these type of compounds?
Pat

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.