Help Locating Part

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Help Locating Part
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ken Rose on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 06:37 am:

I need to find a source for a Parallel Remote PCB (part # 05590-60320) (the four way connector). Agilent has discontinued this part and does not have a substitute. Does anyone have a source for older HP5890 parts? I would appreciate any help I can get. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 07:32 am:

Maybe try Alpha Omega or Quantum Analytics (www.lqa.com) as they sell refurbished Agilent instruments. By the way, what is this part actually used for, where does it go - I can check what we may have here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ken Rose on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 10:20 am:

It is for starting multiple devices simultaneously. In this case we have a head space unit that will start the GC and we need to start our chromatography data system at the same time. This part is a four way connector for all of the start cables.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 01:27 pm:

OK, I know what you mean because I have one (in use). I use it on a 5890/5971 GCMS and plug the headspace cable into it when I use headspace. There are just two wires to start a component, a red and a black wire pair at terminal position 4; why not splice into those, either permanently or with some sort of toggle switch, like a double pole switch. My cable's terminal ends have manufacturer "AMP" on them, maybe try Tyco Electronics who own the AMP name http://www.amp.com/.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

Call Gerstel 1-800-413-8160; I think part #GC 06053 00 (remote start manager for 5890, includes cable #GC 06149 00) will do the job. It's on page 39 of their 2001/2002 catalog, maybe try www.gerstelus.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ken Rose on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 12:53 pm:

Thanks! They have the part.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.