Hexafluropropene GC methods

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Hexafluropropene GC methods
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 06:31 am:

I'm looking for a column which will separate hexafluoropropene from hexafluoropropylene oxide under ambient temperatures. Any thoughts? I've tried a PoraplotQ and DB-1 without success. I am currently using a 5890 series 2 GC and 5971 MSD. Any help would be appreciated.
Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 12:58 pm:

Andy,

Quite a protected oxide you have there. Depending which is in greater abundance, I would try something polar, a trifluoropropyl methyl silicone capillary (keto electron pairs), or a Supelcowax, (dipole interaction).

Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 05:04 am:

Thanks for your advice. I tried a HP INNOWAX and a DB-FFAP (didn't have the columns which you had suggested). Still no luck. I did manage to get reasonable separation (Rs=1.4)using a 60m ASTEC GasPro (are they now made by J&W/Agilent?)starting at 50oC. Thanks anyway for your assistance.
Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 08:09 am:

A cyclodextrin type column might be your only hope in this case. If you are wanting to control a process a spectroscopic method might be best.

Which? A, B, or C cyclodextrin? Derivatized or non-derivatized? It would be fun to find out.

Check retailers web site for applications.

If raw material QA is your desire then a wet chemical method might suffice.

Good luck. Same anonymous as before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jason Ellis on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 08:14 am:

GasPro is manufactured by J&W/Agilent.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.