Natural Gas Analysis-capillary column

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Natural Gas Analysis-capillary column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 06:03 am:

I am trying to find a single capillary column (prefer 0.32um) to analyze natural gas. I would like to separate N2, CH4, CO2, & C2-C6. The goal is to reduce the run time to seven minutes or less. We currently use micropacked columns for the analysis.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jason Ellis on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 08:20 am:

Porous polymer PLOT columns work well for natural gas analysis. I have some chromatograms that I could refer you to. If you're interested, please contact me directly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rodney George on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 08:48 pm:

One can do this analysis in less than 6 minutes with micropacked columns and get excellent reproducibility and separation with an isothermal oven (no time delay for cool down).

rgeorge@sial.com
Supelco

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.