Phthalates determination

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Phthalates determination
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ana on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:25 pm:

I haven't got a much expirience in chromatohraphy and I would be very grateful for any help. I need a method for phthalates determination in alcoholilc beverages (plum brandy).We have a GC with capillary column. I'm interesting in quck sample preparation without concetration.

Gratefully,
Ana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 08:55 am:

This should be straightforward. Make up standards in ethanol or methanol, same for sample, use nonpolar capillary column.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ron on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 06:39 am:

There probably is an AOAC method for this analysis. I would use that as a starting point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rodney George on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 11:35 am:

Supelco has an application note 55 for extraction of phthalates from water using SPE disks for quick concentrating and extraction of the esters.

Most methods indicate that a bonded MS capillary (Equity 1, for example) works very well for phthalates.

Rodney George
Supelco

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.