1 butyl 3 methyl imidazole in water

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: 1 butyl 3 methyl imidazole in water
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 02:51 pm:

Anybody know any methodology on how to analyse this by IC?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Chris Pohl on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 11:44 am:

I checked around but couldn't find any directly applicable data on your compound. I had one of the chemist in the lab check retention characteristics of the closest available compound: imidazole. Using a CS12A column (2 mm by 250 mm column format) at 0.25 ml per minute with 20 mM methane sulfonic acid, imidazole elutes in six minutes. Your compound of interest would undoubtedly elute somewhat later. Sensitivity by conductivity detection was not all the great but your compound should be readily amenable to UV detection. If you are planning to use UV detection I would probably add 10-15% acetonitrile to the eluent to reduce retention and optimize chromatographic performance.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.