Dissolved gas extraction

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Dissolved gas extraction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By am on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 05:59 am:

Do you think that the use of glasseweres to extract gases (like H2,O2,N2,CO, CO2 and C1 to C3) from mineral oil, in the purpose of a GC analysis is a suitable method?
Do you have any experience about other extraction methods?

Best regards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By B.Buglio on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 02:55 pm:

Can you apply headspace gas chromaography?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Chromatographer1 on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 08:30 pm:

I would suggest that a valve temperature and flow programable injection system might be the best course of action. PPM amounts of fixed gases, water, and the C1-C3 analysis can be accurately determined by this method when attached to a packed column in a temperature programable column oven will separate these components without utilizing multidimensional chromatography. A backflush-trap valve multidimensional arrangement would be a more practical means, however, especially if there were many samples or water were to be measured. Karl Fisher titration would be more suitable for water content, however. You are welcome to email me with any questions you may have.

Chromatographer1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Am on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 08:49 am:

To B. Buglio
Actually, I have a glasseware I try to work with.
It consists of a glasse made tube with three inputs.
The first input is used to introduce the oil sample.
The gas is introduced via the second input to "splash" the sample.
The last one is from where extracted gases are transfered to GC.

Have you already deal with this?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By B.Buglio on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 01:53 pm:

Am,

No experience w the specific system you've
described-sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Am on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 08:48 am:

To B. Buglio
What about the headspace you have suggested?
Have you already worked with?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 05:37 am:

What you are doing sounds very similar to the ASTM method for analysing transformer oil gases using an oil stripper. I believe the method is D3612. This method works well for the analysis, and is the basis for the Shimadzu TOGAS system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Travis on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 07:27 pm:

I Have seen an Agilent application note concerning the transformer oil gases. Also installed a Tekmar 7000 headspace to analyze for disolved gases. If you would like more information I can look into this further tomorrow and possibly fax you the app note.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By B.Buglio on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 03:53 pm:

I looked up ASTM D3612 as suggested by Anon.,May
15 and it appears to be the method of choice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Am on Monday, May 27, 2002 - 07:19 am:

Hi Travis,
It's kind of you. This will help me.
Here is my fax number (213 21 68 28 90)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.