Water by GC -TCD -offcial methodology?

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Water by GC -TCD -offcial methodology?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 06:55 am:

I know that water can be mesured by GC with termal conductivity detection,maybe someone that is more "inside" this field could explain me:
there´s some official methodology with this technique?or official use?
in water by GC-TCD I must use those "molecular sieves coluns" like those form gases or a WCOT fused silica column is enought?
the offcial FDA method for moisty(in foods)
is Karl-fisher?
thanks!
Fabiano

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 11:52 am:

Both packed and capillary columns can be used for this analysis.

The 'R' porous polymer bead packing is used in packed columns usually.

Carbowax is often used in capillary applications, although capillary 'U' or 'Q' porous layer beads can be used (with caution).

The prep of sample and the standards is critical to success, as well as the injection technique.

Rodney George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 01:24 pm:

I do not have access to the british pharmacopeia or the European Pharmacopeia anymore, but there used to be a GC method for water in the BP. This used a molecular sieve column and TCD. This, unfortunately, is all that I remember about the method.

If your work is for "official-i.e. regulated" work (FDA, etc) you must validate.

Good luck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.