Hewlett Packard sales and service where are you?

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Hewlett Packard sales and service where are you?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Harvey G. on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 09:13 am:

I recently transferred labs.
The one I left, amongst other equipment, contained a computer which controled and collected data from 2 Varian 3400 GC's, each containing quick connect megabore columns and FID's. One GC had an 8100 autosampler and a SPI. It was used for MMW determinations from carbon chain distributions on fatty acid and alkylbenzene mixtures. The other had a headspace sampler. It was used for determining types and concentrations of alcohols by internal standard and dioxane by standard addition.
The lab in which I am now working contains an HP5890 GC with a packed metal column. There is no autosampler and no computer. Injection is manual and data collection is by integrator. It is used for injection of very messy samples, to determine ethanol concentration only, by an internal standard technique.
I am now being asked to perform all of the GC analysis I was doing in my previous laboratory.
For approximately a month now I have been trying to get someone to quote me the price of upgrading or replacing my existing HP5890 with a new HP GC. When contacting Hewlett Packard, I was passed around by telephone, from person to person, like a collection plate in a church, before someone finally informed me that they would have the person who is responsible for sales and service of Hewlett Packard GC's in the Toronto area, contact me.
Two weeks ago I contacted Agilent, which I have been led to believe is now the division of HP looking after their chromatography products. I had a wonderful time talking to the members of the Agilent church. The last person informed me that they would have the person responsible for sales and service of Hewlett Packard GC's in the Toronto area contact me.
I gave up waiting. I contacted Varian. Their sales representative has already visited my lab and is in the process of preparing a quote to replace my HP5890 with a new computerized Varian GC system.
If anyone out there works for, or knows someone in Hewlett Packard or Agilent involved in sales or service, who might have any interest in selling me an upgrading service or even a replacement for my HP5890, would you please be so kind as to let them know about this message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Beppe on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 11:36 pm:

Canada
Agilent Technologies Canada Inc.
2660 Matheson Blvd. E
Mississauga, ON L4W 5M2
Tel. 800-227-9770
Fax 905-282-6533
Email CAGMKTG@agilent.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 07:52 am:

5890s have a lot of life left in them, and can be upgraded computer-wise to do all 21CFR Part 11 requirements, suggest it's more environmental as well as economical to upgrade rather than replace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 07:53 am:

You can also get new Agilent instruments from one of their partners Linc Quantum, for same price and faster service as Linc has inventory. www.lqa.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Chemist X on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 06:29 pm:

HP no longer makes GC's it is now Agilent...www.agilent.com. You can even purchase online!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.