Spare parts of a HP5890

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Spare parts of a HP5890
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Elisabeth on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 01:34 am:

Hi,

I'm looking for spare parts on a HP5890. In fact I use this instrument since 1987 and I'm very happy with the results. Now I've a problem on the temperature régulation, and I think it's coming from the main electronic card.
HP don't have anymore spare parts for this instruments. So if somebody have an old unused instrument, please tell me, I've got interest.

Elisabeth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 07:02 am:

I'd still contact Agilent Technologies again, there are tons of these units around, and most versions may still be under support. That said, also try Alpha Omega at http://www.alphaomegatech.com/ for old HP parts as they recondition HP instruments and re-sell them, so they have a stock of old parts. We purchased a complete 1050 HPLC system from them last year (with 1 year warranty) and were completely satisfied, and even had a warranty repair performed without any issues, they're legitimate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Les on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 03:47 pm:

Elizabeth,
Check the motor that operates the oven vents. Sometimes this motor causes the vents to remain open during heating. Changing a small motor much easier than changing boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, December 2, 2002 - 07:18 am:

Elisabeth - do what Les says, we've had to replace a couple of these motors over the years, pretty straightforward. To check, set the GC oven to a high temperature, then feel with your hand in the rear (left, as you face it); if you feel hot air, then the flaps are not closed completely. If you have visual access to the rear, also take a look-see, the two flaps should be closed while the oven is heating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, December 2, 2002 - 07:18 am:

Also make sure that the oven sensor is OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Les on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 12:01 pm:

Elisabeth,
I tried a post the other day didn't seem to go. I would suggest you look at the vents for the oven. Sometimes the motors go bad and don't close the vents. This could be the source of oven drift. Easier to replace this motor than to replace PCB's.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.