PCBs in mineral oil

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: PCBs in mineral oil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tanja on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 09:35 am:

Who can help in method development for the analysis of Pcbs in mineral oil by GC?
Regards,
Tanja

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Sunday, January 5, 2003 - 01:48 pm:

Call Supelco Technical Service
800-247-6628

I believe they have the methodology to perform the analysis you desire.

Other companies may have similar methodologies but I cannot confirm this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 06:14 am:

Also try either agilent or Restek.
www.agilent.com
www.restekcorp.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 06:54 am:

I suspect the difficult part of this analysis is the isolation of the PCBs from the mineral oil.

Most companies have columns which will seaprate the different PCBs. The problem is looking at the levels of PCBs found in the sample matrix.

Mineral oil is very non polar much like the PCBs.

The EPA in the US, the JIP in Japan, and the European communities have different methods of isolation of PCBs.

These sources should be searched.
Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By B.Buglio on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

You might look at ASTM method D-4059,"Std test
method for analysis of PCB's in insultating
liquids."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 05:50 am:

Japanese Industrial Standard methods: JIS K 0311 and JIS K 0312 deal with the determination of dioxins and PCBs. The Japanese have also developed methods which measure PCBs in eggs and other food items.
Flash chromatography is used to isolate the PCBs and other solid phase columns are used to concentrate the analytes with minimal solvent use.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: