How to do the determination of epichlorohydrine?

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: How to do the determination of epichlorohydrine?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Georgina on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:58 am:

I want to determine The Epichlorohydrine in clean waters.
For doing this parameter I donīt have any information.
Can you help me?
Thank you
Georgina

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mike on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:30 am:

Check out SW-846 online. It is a compendium of environmental test methods promulgated by EPA. If the link below doesn't work, just search SW-846 in google or yahoo, you'll find it.

http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/hazwaste/test/main.htm

Also you might also try Restek or Supelco at www.restekcorp.com or www.sigma-aldrich.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Georgina on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 08:27 am:

Mike
Thanks for your information, but in this sites I don't find anything about epichlorohydrin.
Have you some another ideia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:56 am:

Have you tried SPME headspace or static headspace to do your analysis?

Headspace has been done for your analyte, but it is proprietary information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 - 06:03 pm:

Using GC-FID, you should be able to detect ppm or high ppb levels. Try splitless on ZB or DB-1 or 5. You need to be specific with your problem. Are you having problems detecting the epi, reproducibility or separation? For consistent ppb, you may need MS detection of ECD.
\
VEM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 09:29 am:

Using pHID GC and headspace Detection limits of less than of 50 ppb in water have been attained for ECD.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: