GC- dual detector system

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: GC- dual detector system
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By tardus on Sunday, February 9, 2003 - 12:18 am:

I want to build dual detector system : ECD and FID detectors.
Is there anything like automatic rotary valve - end column splitter- (similar to LC) which would enable me to close down automaticaly under program control either FID or ECD when that particular detector is not needed? I want to keep ECD as littile loaded as possible, when not in use. I would like to avoid manual column change.
I am looking forward to getting some general advice on dual detector systems, links and refcs. Thank you.

Tardus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bernd Mischke on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 11:55 pm:

Plaese send me the type and configuration of Your GC. Never switch off the ECD gases, Oxygen destroy it few minutes later (the Ni63 foil) if the ECD is hot. A FID can switched off, air and H2 can be saved. Make up gas (recommended N2) should flow to clean the detector. What You can do automaticaly depends on the GC-system You have.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: