Analysis of sulfonated phenols

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Analysis of sulfonated phenols
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ted on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 12:45 pm:

I need to determine if it will be possible to separate sulfonated dialkyl phenols using GC. Any suggestions to start?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ralph Calvert on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 06:06 am:

2 thoughts on possible ways.

1. desulphonate using phosphoric acid then analysis the desulphonated material. This is a common procedure for alkyl benzene sulphonate surfactants.

2. Esterify using trimethyl orthoacetate (TMOA). This will esterify the sample when in the acid form e.g. used determination of free alkyl benzene sulphonic acid after partial neutralisation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dr Ajay on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 05:28 am:

I want to analyse linear alkyl benzene sulphonate with simple laboratory method. Can you suggest me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: