C1-C4 separation without cryogenic

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: C1-C4 separation without cryogenic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 02:06 am:

Is there a commercial column that allows me to do C1-C4 separation without cryogenic?

Thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rodney on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 06:03 am:

Yes Send me an email and I will discuss. I can send you a chromatogram of examples.

Rodney George
Senior Research and Development Scientist
Gas Separations Research
Supelco
595 North Harrison Road
Bellefonte, PA 16823

814-359-5737 voice
814-359-5702 fax
rgeorge@sial.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 08:46 am:

Yes, porous polymer phases and packings do quite well for this type of separation. I've used the Hayesep D packing from Alltech and have done C1-C8 with ease. 10' packed column or 30m AT-Q capillary should do the job. Take a look at their website www.alltechweb.com or give their tech support a call 1800Alltech.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 10:56 pm:

Is it possible for you to send me the chromatogram generated by the Alltech column.

My email address os redfoxsg@operamail.com

Thanks,
Red

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 09:53 am:

It is probably easier to look at their website. The chrom's are virtully the same. The link is as follows.

http://alltechweb.com/literature/catalog550/148_GC_Packed_Application.pdf

The appropriate chromatograms are on page 148 of their catalog 550. It looks like chromatogram number 1728.

You may want to email them your question as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: