Please help for GC: ignition problem

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Please help for GC: ignition problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 01:00 am:

Hi, I am new to here. and have few exp. for GC instrument. Now, I have a problem concerning GC, flame ignition. That is, my GC is PE autosytem XL, after connection,(re-used, stopped not to use a year, ) re-install software and setting, Initially, the machine worked. but after a while(30 minutes), the hydrogen flow stopped abruptly to 0 ml/min. Then, after several attempt, the ignition attempt failed. the flowrate of Air/ H2 450/45 change to 0/0 ml/min.
Pls anyone can help me? MAny thnks

Nigel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 06:44 am:

Nigel,

More information is needed to help you with your problem, for instance do you have manual controls or do you have PPC? The best advice is to call 1-800-762-4000 in the US for the PEI Customer Response Center. They will walk you through how to fix your problem.

Customer Support
Telephone 800-762-4000 (USA)
Outside the USA (+1) 203-925-4602
Fax 203-944-4902
Email info@perkinelmer.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Nazri Jasuri on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 06:31 am:

Hi there,

After a year of non-usage, did you check the column or the FID jet? I had this problem as well before.

rgds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 05:35 am:

Hello everybody,

Thanks to your valuable help, Ignition problem was solved. but I face another problem. That is, I need to separate GC and autosampler, but the connection cable RS232 and PPC cable detached.
The GC software can not tkae control of the GC machine. Maybe I found the previous setting for autosampler not correct for normal GC.
AXP 3 error occurred. But I re-connected the cables, the GC worked. So, I face difficulty in how to separate GC and autosampler.
I guess it is concerned at software setting mainly. and perhaps the PCB and extra-board.

May you have any idea??
Thanks to your help!

Nigel

nigel2003@i-cable.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: