What does anode gas do in the ECD?

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: What does anode gas do in the ECD?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, July 21, 2003 - 07:26 am:

Hi, I have this question for a while, why we need anode gas flow in the ECD detector? Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Russ on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 07:13 am:

Since nobody has answered this yet, I'll put in what little I know. My experience is with the HP / Agilent instruments. The 5890 did not have an anode gas flow, the 6890 does. I was told by an HP service rep that the reason they added the anode gas flow to the 6890 series was to help prevent a build-up on the anode. Apparently they noticed a lot of returned ECD cells just needed the anode cleaned to restore performance and the anode purge is supposed to help keep it "clean". Don't know if this is some spurious marketing claim or really true.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: