Solubility of O2 in solvents

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Solubility of O2 in solvents
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By bill tindall on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

Does anyone have experience, or know a reference or an approach, for measuring the solubility of oxygen in a solvent at elevated temperature (150 C) and pressure(100psi)? A pressure vessel is available to equilibrate the solvent with various N2/O2 rations at various temperatures and pressures (temperature determines the pressure). So, I either need an approach to measure oxygen in the solvent in the vessel, or more likely, the means of sampling the vessel without disturbing the equilibrium and eventually getting something that can be brought to a GC equipped for gas analysis. The gas analysis GC is available.

I may be contacted off the forum at BJTindall@mindspring.com. Make reply title obvious so I don't confuse it with Spam.

Thanks in advance.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rodney on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 07:32 am:

Bill,

I would be glad to discuss these issues with you and share my process analyzer experience.

Rodney George
Senior Research and Development Scientist
Gas Separations Research
Supelco
595 North Harrison Road
Bellefonte, PA 16823

814-359-5737 voice
814-359-5459 fax
rgeorge@sial.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: