Practical help

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Practical help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 04:25 am:

I have a method consisting the separation of 2 vinyl pyridine and alpha picoline mixed in toluene which I have been able to separate on our lab GC, however the residue is causing ghosting particularly at higher temperatures and over lap to otherres analyses.

So I wanted to know, how can I get rid of this and leave the gc running in a particular way so that the next user can be sure of no ghost peaks?

The column I am using is a HP5, 30mm x 0.25mm x 0.32um id.

Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 01:39 pm:

What about doing the analyses with HPLC?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 05:20 am:

You may be eluting high temperature impurities from your sample matrix, dimers for example.

Simply program your GC to a cook temperature for as long as is necessary to pass on the Gc to the next analyst.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: