PHTHALATE ESTERS IN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: PHTHALATE ESTERS IN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Marijana Vucetic on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 03:38 am:

I need a method for phthalate esters (bis-2-ethylhexyl phthalate and dibutyl phthalate) determination in plum brandy.
In our laboratory we have GC/MS and GC/FID.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 09:08 am:

This should be straightforward by GC or GCMS, but would probably be even easier by HPLC with UV detector on RP-18 column. My lab would likely start with HPLC here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

Marijana,
Since wine can be a fairly complex matrix to do trace level analysis in, I personally would start with capillary GC for analysis, you can throw a lot more plates at the separation with a capillary GC column. Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:23 am:

Marijana,

Depending on the level you need to get down to I would use single ion monitoring GCMS using 149 as one of your ions and another couple for the relevant phthalate. If you dilute your sample with solvent then make sure you also run a control of the solvent because those phthalates seem to show up in almost everything!
Regards,
Ralph

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: