Silicon micromachined gas chromatography system

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Silicon micromachined gas chromatography system
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joerg on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 07:05 am:

Dear All,
At the moment i am reading a lot of papers about gas chromatography theory. But I never found anything about the theory of chromatography columns (packed or coated) with round or rectangular cross- sections. Please help me, if you have any information about this!
Thank you very much for your efforts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Leon on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 02:15 pm:

Efficiency of a packed column depends mostly on packing material - its size, shape, regularity of packing, etc., - and should not depend on non-exotic (circular, elliptical, rectangular, etc.) shape of a column cross-section.

Golay published several papers by on open tubular columns of different cross-section shapes:

Golay, Marcel J. E.:

1. On circular and rectangular cross-section: Desty, D. H., (Editor), Gas Chromatography 1958. Academic Press, New York, 1958, pp. 36-55.

2. On elliptical cross-section: J. of Chromatography, 196 (1980), pp. 349-354.

3. On rectangular cross-section: J. of Chromatography, 216 (1981), pp. 1-8.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: