Choosing a GC plateform

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Choosing a GC plateform
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By PPG on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 02:12 am:

We actually use the Perkin Elmer TurboChrom system. The lab is increasing and we need a client/server system. We want to take the opportunity to have the choice to change our system (or not). I will be happy to have opinions on different systems as:
CHEMSTATION (Agilent)
TOTALCHROM (PE)
GALAXY (Varian)
EXCALIBUR

And other if you know other system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 06:09 am:

PPG,
In my company we have an extensive user base on the PE TotalChrom system and about a dozen users on Waters Empower (client/server version of Millenium). The users on the Empower system are all very satisfied and as system administrator I speak highly of the tech support (what little is needed) from Waters. The vast majority of the TotalChrom users are not very happy at all with Total Chrom. They spend as much time rebooting as collecting data on some days. I personally have not used TotalChrom but comparing the users comments here, the Empower users are much more satisfied than the TotalChrom users are.

Regards,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By PPG on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 02:27 am:

Thank you Mark,

I thought that Empower was only for LC and not for GC. Does it work for GC ?

PPG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:25 am:

PPG,
I am a user of Agilent Chemstation with GC and LC version.
With this software is impossible to store a chromatogram with a manual integration; only raw data are stored even if you save the method with chromatogram.
Chemstation Agilent is a 16 bit software and so you are unable to use over eigth character for file name ecc.
Unfortunately I have no experience with other software.
Regards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By PPG on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 03:13 am:

do you have the latest version of Chemstation, because what you describe seems a bit old ? (like our TurboChrom)

PPG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Hugh Holmes on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 04:37 pm:

Empower has support for the Agilent 5890 and 6890/6890N GC's (all detectors except for the MSD and the AED). It will also control the Agilent 7694 headspace analyzer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 05:32 am:

PPG
I'm anonymous #2
I have learned today that the latest version of Agilent Chemstation is effectively a 32 bit software but it was of recent release (and not present in our laboratory).
I have no information toward the other point (storage of chromatogram with manual integration) with this new version of Chemstation.
Sorry.
Regards

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: