Formula for peak resolution

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Formula for peak resolution
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 01:29 pm:

I want to calculate peak resolution for two compounds and the formula I know uses retention times and peak widths as measured at the peak base. It is my understanding that my Agilent Chemstation reports peak width as the width at half height. Is there any way to use this parameter to calculate resolution?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 12:10 am:

If you select "extended performance" as report style, you can get 4 different kinds of peak widths and two different kinds of resolution... you just have to choose!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 12:12 pm:

Thank you anonymous! That was a great tip, and I found more information in my Chemstation manual.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: