TFA Content by GC

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: TFA Content by GC
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 05:15 am:

I am presently working on GC to estimate trifluoroacetic acid in a drug. I find TFA peak is not symmetrical in almost all columns. Has anybody experienced with TFA in GC?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 07:06 am:

The best column I've come across for acids is a Free Fatty Acid Phase (FFAP) available from Phenomenex(ZB-FFAP), although I think most suppliers will do an equivalent. I've never actually tried TFA on that column but think it would be your best bet.
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 04:02 am:

Can you not derivatize it?
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 08:23 pm:

I need to estimate the residual TFA (in the level of less than 0.2%). With this low level can I still derivatize it? Can you elaborate more on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 01:17 am:

the HP-5 COLUMN WILL BE A GOOD CHOICE.THE PEAK IS GOOD,ONLY TFA COME OUT VERY FAST!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: