Research Paper On Chromatography. Please Help!

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Research Paper On Chromatography. Please Help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 06:24 am:

I have to write a research paper on chromatography. If anyone has ANY information that might help me please let me know!
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 07:33 am:

maybe I can send you a chromatogram.....

No really, if you want some background on the technique, there's plenty of websites out there that give nice introductions to different chromatographic techniques. And there are numerous textbooks. I'm not sure how we can help you. Maybe try to ask a question...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 01:43 pm:

Is your paper on chromatography in general or a particular technique such as gas, liquid, paper, thin layer?

For general discussion of gas chromatography I recommend books by Walter Jennings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 04:24 pm:

The situation is, my teacher wants a paper about what chromatography is and how it is used. She wants us to list three types of chromatography and explain how they are used also. It is an honors chemistry course and she expects it to be " better than "average".I am a gifted student and thought that by talking to people who actually studied chromatography, I could get some additional information that I couldn't get from the internet or books!
What types of chromatography would you recomend me research?
I find chromatography very interesting but am not quite sure where to start. I welcome any input.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Russ on Friday, December 5, 2003 - 05:50 am:

You might try:
http://www.itsjustabox.com
It gives a basic discussion and has several links which might be useful (though I haven't checked out the links).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mbg on Friday, December 5, 2003 - 01:43 pm:

Dear Student,

the above website looks very good and I highly recommend it as a start.

My suggestion is to digest it's information along with any books you find and do an outline for the "average" paper. Then, as you write it, questions for more advanced and specific knowledge will arise. Feel free to ask us.

Incidentially, when is the paper due?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, December 6, 2003 - 12:12 pm:

Dear Russ,
Thank you for the link you included in your post, it's very helpful!
Ashleigh(student)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, December 6, 2003 - 12:18 pm:

Dear mbg,
My paper is due Dec. 11. My teacher has a habit of not giving her students very long to get things done!
Thank you for your offer for me to ask questions, I will probably need to take advantage of it!
Thanks,
Ashleigh :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ralph on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 08:29 am:

Russ,

Thanks for recommending my website. I updated it recently to delete some out of date links which had been brought to my attention. I am toying with the idea of adding a page of historical equipment.

Regards,

Ralph

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: