HS vs SPME or SpDE

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: HS vs SPME or SpDE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Raymond on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 02:00 am:

dear forum member

I am going to buy either SPME or HS for a gc-ms. I do not have sufficient experience about using SPME. Can SPME replace HS or would you recommend me using both techniques,
thanks for your participation

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ron on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 07:29 am:

SPME can replace many headspace applications, but you need to give more information. There is no simple answer to your question, since the analyte list and sensitivity needed are key considerations in the decision.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 08:29 am:

I do SPME and static headspace sampling. I like SPME for most applications, I get better senstitivity and you have more control over sampling parameters like temperature, stirring. Also you can perform SPME sampling in an aqueous matrix as well as headspace.

However, I do SPME manually and it's a lot of hands on. I am hoping to budget a Combi-Pal or similar SPME automated sampler next year.

Manual SPME requires minimal investment, so unless you have a real high throughput application you might want to give it a try.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: