GC problem analysis for N,N-Dimethylfomaide Dimethyl acetal

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: GC problem analysis for N,N-Dimethylfomaide Dimethyl acetal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 12:39 am:

we meet the problem , we want to analysis N,N-Dimethylfomaide Dimethyl acetal by GC.it is our condition :
Column: SE 30 of 2meters ,
Oven Temp: 40 deg C Isothermal ,
Inj Temp: 110 deg C ,
Det Temp: 120 deg C,
Gas flow: 20ml/min
det: FID

but we have not get N,N-Dimethylfomaide Dimethyl acetal(cas#4637-24-5) peak? we appreciated if you give us method for the product

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, January 2, 2004 - 06:20 am:

I suspect that something is reacting with the acetal. Are you using Chrom W-HP support? I have seen that Supelcoport is better in its deactivation.

You could use a 0.53mm ID wide bore FSOT thick film column.

I would replace your packed column (is it glass or metal?) with a new one, preferably methyl silicone on Supelcoport and with FS coated steel if you are not using glass.

Good luck.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: