GC 6890 direct control by Millennium32

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: GC 6890 direct control by Millennium32
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 12:36 pm:

Hi,
We're trying to connect an Agilent 6890 for direct control with M32 software; although it works well, the peak area output is in pA unit rather than mV (and the numbers lot lesser now than with mV numbers). Have anyone else seen this? Any way to switch this pA unit back to the usual V or mV unit? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By B.Mischke on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 01:46 am:

Hi Anon,

why You will switch the response unit back to mV???
The FID is an ionisation detector and the measured value is an electrical current in a very low level: pico Ampere = pA
Let the correct unit stay in the software. The mV comes from chart recorders years ago...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By RMG on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 06:34 pm:

I am interested in this also, I am running a method transfer on a 6890 with Millennium 32. My FID response is in pA but the other lab chromatograms show uV and much larger values for Peak Area. I do not know if their peaks are physically larger or not?
They have same HW and SW.

Is it likely my the chromatography is identical despitre the large numeric difference?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: