GC qualification

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: GC qualification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 06:37 am:

Hi,

Does anybody know how to qualify a GC system (including a TCD detector) ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 05:55 am:

Anon-
Your question is a little vague, but as I've been put in charge of reworking our own GC calibration program at my company I'm eager to hear from our friendly panel of experts who are always so helpful on this forum. I know that Agilent sells a "FID Test Mixture" of several alkanes that is useful in OQ for an FID but don't know about TCD. I'm not entirely sure how to do an OQ on just the FID without injecting this mixture through a column, and if it is meant to go through a column first is that truely an OQ of just the detector? We must also OQ the oven at several temps vs a calibrated thermocouple. Is there a need to OQ the injector (and how? RSD of several injections? injection volume? on a 10 uL syringe?)Last, how should we PQ the system as a whole once all the components are OQ separately?
Thanks for forgiving my ramble but I hope this generates some good advice for myself and original Anonymous.
-Anonymous II

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: