Column selection help urgent please!!

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Column selection help urgent please!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mod on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 01:41 am:

i am going to use GC for the analysis of propylene, oxygen, and proplylene oxide. I don't know which column to choose for the separation of these reactants and products. I would be appreciated if somebody helps me on this issue. I also want to learn the gc operating conditions for the oxidation of propylene..

Thanks

Onur

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bernd Mischke on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 04:16 am:

You can use any good PLOT column with a porous polymer like PPQ, PPU, PBQ. But the O2 will elute together with N2, CO, CH4. Because of O2 You need a TCD.
For gases a wide bore column (0.53mm id) is a good choice. A valco 6-port valve gives repeatable results. The length of the column depends on Your sample amount (sample loop volume, concentration)
You can contact me by email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 10:19 am:

A FSOT capillary should work as well. These have a good variation in bp so a simple thick film silicone column should do quite well. That might save you from buying a column.

Even a packed column of 10ft or more using chrom P or G should do the trick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By rahulhajarejare on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 11:49 pm:

I am working on determination of organic volatile impurities in solid dosage form, I want to some information about the reaserch work THANKS

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: