Poor riproducibility with a GC-FID

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Poor riproducibility with a GC-FID
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:09 am:

Hello,
I'm triyng to analyze USP OVI impurities (CH2Cl2, CHCl3, Dioxane and Trichloroetylene) with GC-FID without head space. I'm using a 0.53 I.D. 30 m 1 um film HP-INNOWAX column with both spliless or split techniques . Standard solution, in water, contains from 8 ppm of CHCl3 to 80 ppm of dioxane.
Despite a good sensibilty, I've got a poor reproducibility of peak area, RSD% n=3 inj is between 10% to 15%.
How can I improve reproducibilty ?
Thanks a lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Consumer Products Guy on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 06:36 am:

Inject 0.5 ul. More than that volume of water expands to more than your liner volume. One needs to especially be aware of expansion volumes when injecting water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By vijay on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 11:05 pm:

hai
1. For ovi impurities rsd should be calculated for any successive six replicates.
2. Keep your initail oven temperature above 80C
3. liner volume problem will come with agilent gc
not with all (more than 3 mL linear volume injector port systems available)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 08:56 am:

In quantitative GCMS analysis, which parameter is most reliable or most reproducible, is it peak area or peak height? why?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: