HMX Analysis by GC/ECD

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: HMX Analysis by GC/ECD
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 12:19 pm:

I am currently trying to set up an analytical method using GC/ECD for HMX; however, I am having troubles recovering HMX at low concentrations (below 1 mg/L). Any suggestions? Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 07:46 am:

Hopefully not to be too obvious, but the condition of the injection liner is critical with this analyte. Needs to be immaculately clean and deactivated very well to get the best from this analysis. With really dirty samples you may want to change the liner at least daily. I did this analysis for awhile and know the frustration from this.
Regards,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 10:11 am:

I am curious. What is HMX ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, April 2, 2004 - 06:50 am:

HMX is a high explosive/propellant used by the military. It is 1,3,5,7,-tetranitro-1,3,5,7-tetraazacyclooctane. There is a similar compound called RDX which is usually tested for at the same time, it is the 6 membered ring version.
Regards,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, April 2, 2004 - 01:46 pm:

Thank you very much

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: