Haloacetic acid analysis

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Haloacetic acid analysis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, April 1, 2004 - 11:28 am:

Does anybody in here have a preference as to which column to use for method 552 (Haloacetic Acids)? I am currently using a ZB-5 column and Phenomenex recommended a ZB-1701. Any comments?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ron on Saturday, April 3, 2004 - 03:39 pm:

Either column will work, but since the HAA are have a fairly high polarity even when esterified the more polar 1701 may give a better peak shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 09:57 am:

I analyzed using a ZB-1701, and yes, I did get better peak shapes, but my internal standard (1,2,3-trichloropropane) is coming out at a different time than on the ZB-5. The rest of peaks seem to be consistent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By John Mirisola on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 01:44 pm:

We used dual column GC/ECD, primary was RTX-CLPesticides and RTX-CLPesticides2. The separation is great for all 12 compounds. Does anybody have problems with extraction of the heavier HAAs?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: