Thermal Aux#1: type differences

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Thermal Aux#1: type differences
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By wl_yang on Friday, April 2, 2004 - 02:12 pm:

Hi there,
To investigate my 6890N/5973 thermal shutdown problem, I restarted the Chemstation. However, everytime the window of "Method Resolution for Changed Configuration" jumps out. No matter what I changed to the Aux, it always shows me the same thing when I start the Chemstation. Have you ever met this problem? Thanks and good weekend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, April 5, 2004 - 11:04 am:

Did you sumply restart Chemstation, or did you re-install it?. The latter may be necessary if your files are corrupted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Consumer Products Guy on Monday, April 5, 2004 - 12:10 pm:

WL, that's one of the pleasures of the 6890 GC Chemstations, Method Resolution. If you make a change to a heated zone, parameter, column, etc., the software goes crazy trying to "help" you. After that "resolved configuration" comes up, make your changes and re-save the method. Then it should come up OK the next time. We've disabled the method resolution part of the software, it drives us nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 05:54 am:

To Consumer Products Guy,
Could I bother you to send me details on how you deactivated the method resolution part of the software please? Thnaks in advance for your time and trouble.

Regards
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Consumer Products Guy on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 12:35 pm:

OK, I must put the disclaimer "do so at your own risk" but there really is no risk. Save/backup your win.ini file somewhere, or to a different name. Open the win.ini file in Notepad, then, after the last line in the [PCS] section (just before the space before the [PCS,1] section add the line DIASABLE6890METHRES=1 , then re-save the file as win.ini. Then start up the Chemstation. I'm not enough of a computer guy to know if the computer needs to be re-booted first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By wl_yang on Wednesday, April 7, 2004 - 07:40 am:

I restarted the Chemstation, not reinstalled it. A software person from Agilent said that my problem has nothing to do with the Chemstation.
I fixed the Method Resolution problem, but all my heaters do not show "on". When I check the "on" box, it gives me error message. Is this really a mainboard problem? :(

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: