Pesticides and PCBs analyses

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Pesticides and PCBs analyses
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Boris on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 09:45 am:

We analyse 16 pesticides and 7 aroclors (PCBs) in waste water. The procedure for this is: extractions, GPC cleanup, silica-gel cartridges cleanup,GC.Silica cleanup divides sample by two fractions. 1st fr., where PCBs and a few pesticides are, is clean enough. But second still has a lot of extra peaks, and it is difficult, sometimes, to define what is what, even using confirmation column. Florisil cleanup of 2nd fr. doesn't work well. Does somebody know another cleanup procedures for this kind of analyses?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dennis E. on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 04:36 pm:

We analyze 7 Aroclors in waste fuels using capillary chromatography. We utilize a three-phase cleanup procedure in a hexane base at a 1:200 dilution level. The first phase utilizes florisil, the second phase uses a combination of copper dust and Sulfuric Acid, and the third phase is a repeat of the florisil. 1 mL from the final step is then placed into a vial and evaporated, then reconstituted with 1 mL of Hexane. This preparation is then injected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By RodrigoMaiotto on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 04:08 pm:

Hi Dennis E. Explain me, please ,what is the reason to use hexane base 1:200 , if your clean up is so excellent! ( thats not a joke , its serious!)

Maybe we can talk a lot more , about pesticides!

Thank you , see you later!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 03:28 am:

Try contacting the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration, the Institute of Food Research and Nutrition, the Division for Chemical Contaminants.
You can find them on the internet: www.vfd.dk.

I worked there and they have a good method for PCB's and other pesticides.
I don't now if Tommy Cedderberg still works there, but try to contact him.

Good luck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.