Lactic acid

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Lactic acid
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 07:32 am:

Hi
I used to inject a mixture of organic acids(C2-C5)plus lactic acid.It happens now that i do not see lactic acid peak on the chromatogram.when i lower the concentration of organic acids, a small peak of lactic acid appears. But i do not want to change my settings because i have been working with them without pbs for months now and it does not make a sense for me that lactic acid suddenly disappears from the chromatogram while iam 100% percent sure that i mix it with others acids.
So what's happening?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 08:36 am:

Do you replace/clean the injector liner regularly?(Lactic acid will interact with active sites)

Can you not derivatise the acids to methyl esters? The volatility of the methyl esters formed will give much better peak shape,better integration and lower LOD.

GC Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 11:19 am:

Actives sites could also apears in the column,
try to cut 0.5m of your analytical column too...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 04:01 am:

How do I analyze lactic acid by chromatography?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 11:50 pm:

Are you looking for a GC method (as this post is in a GC thread) ? What's your sample ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: