Any Solutions to Carryover??

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Any Solutions to Carryover??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 01:39 pm:

I am running on a packed glass column 6ft/2mm, 5% Carbowax 20 mesh.
I am injecting 5 ÁL of sample (diluted in water).
I see carry-over following standard for the next 6 blank injections.
I have tried adding a burn out to the end of the run, added syringe washes both post and pre sample injection.
I have a new needle, septum and jet tip. The carry over is significant (0.1-0.2% of the standard peak area). Does anybody have any additional ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 01:58 pm:

It might help to know what it is that is carrying over.

Regards,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Carlos Teixeira on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 11:14 am:

Hello Anon- 01:39

Is your system fully clean (detector, injector, etc)?

Good Elutions!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By labcat on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 11:49 pm:

Dear anon., I had the same problem a couple of years ago. Look for the following discussion: "Injection carryover with Agilent autosampler" in this forum (Arch. June-Dec 2002). Hope it helps!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: