"Inlet pressure" high and auto shut down of GC

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: "Inlet pressure" high and auto shut down of GC
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 12:03 am:

I'm using an Agilent GC 6890 and I've been getting this error msg: "inlet pressure too high" and it will lead to automatic shut down of the whole GC system.

I have tried to lower down the ramming-up temperature from 230 deg.C to 200 deg.C and from 4 mins down to 3 mins. I've been told to also shut down the "gas-saver" feature. The column I'm using can withstand up to 300 deg.C and the oven setting at max. is at 300 deg.C.

Have I ram up the GC to a temperature too high?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ingo Christ on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 06:57 am:

You tank pressure is not high enough. Increase it or change to constant pressure mode and it will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 08:03 pm:

your split value is dirty clean it / or your inlet pressure is to high(total flow)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 11:26 am:

What is your column head pressure,and the column parameters?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 05:58 pm:

Thanks anonymous. I've had my split valve cleaned and septum changed. It is much better.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: