GC analysis problem

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: GC analysis problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ori951 on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 11:28 am:

i've got a colunm type CP WAX for polaire compound, recently i work with an aldehyde product
which is in equilibrium with its enol form; the nmr analysis confirmed that observation.
My question is: can we detect the enol form by GC
or these 2 product give one single commun peak?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 11:37 pm:

You can expect probably just one broad peak because keto-enol tautomery occurs while the compound travels down the gc column with the keto form having a sligtly different retention time than the enol isomer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ori951 on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 12:37 am:

thanks a lot for your information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Shalash on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 03:52 am:

hi
im trying to devolopment anew method for Napeoxen Na to determine the Residual solvent (Toluene,Acetone and Dichloromethane)by using water as solvent
when i development asuitable method (using DB-Wax as Capillary column )but when bgain amethod validation, i faced aproblem for atoluene (Recovery falid)
could any one help me
thanks alot
shalash

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 10:49 am:

You may want to look at the source of your water. Here we use Pharmaceutical grade water and always get a toluene peak, even in the blank. When we purchased Ultra Grade water from Fisher (or any other vendor), this was not as much of a problem. Am I correct in assuming that your recoveries are high? If so, then it is because of the Toluene present in the water. This is a problem in a lot of places.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By G. Sartor on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 02:02 pm:

Regarding the toluene-problem: if your recovery is too low, try to disolve the standards in DMSO and dilute with water to the working concentration.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: