Agilent Chemstation - Grouping Function

Chromatography Forum: GC Archives: Agilent Chemstation - Grouping Function
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 04:22 pm:

Anyone have hands-on experience with the grouping function of peaks on Chemstation, as opposed to area summation (I already know how to do area summation). I'd like to integrate peaks normally, then sum up the individual areas of maybe five peaks, and use that sum in the calibration table for %ESTD. The software is a little fuzzy for me to learn this from online help. Can anyone provide the secret? I'm also posting on the companion board, as I have the same desire with HPLC peaks. I have from A.06 to A.09 software. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 08:30 pm:

you need to go to intergration event, select the desired channel, pull out the area sum function and add in the (intergration ON) function from the beginning of the chromatogram.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:45 am:

No, that is area summation, which is different and I know how to do that. That works well when the baseline is REAL stable. Grouping is different. I apparently can get the grouping to work now, but the individual components % values (from sequence summary report) must be manually summed to get the total, which is what I wanted. So it's apparently that way, or just sum the individual areas together and calculate manually or throw into an Excel spreadsheet. By the way, why can't Agilent add a "ppm" option as a complement to "%ESTD" so I don't have to throw 1000000 into the Multiplier column and just "know" results will be in ppm? And why can't they fix the heading issue in sequence summary reports (A.05 and newer) where the Percent heading doesn't come out that way, it comes out the same as whatever heading was entered into "sample amount"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Henrik on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:39 am:

www.interface.co.kr/userfile/manual/ ChemStation_manual.PDF

on page 32

Sequence Summary Report Standard Statistics for
Sample Runs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Henrik on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:42 am:

sorry!

www.bst.com.au/resources/5988-9011en.pdf

Page 32.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 09:41 am:

I can't get this link ro work, I'm trying, and I'm interested !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Henrik on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 11:53 am:

Okey.
From sequence menu under sequence symmary... , mark options "8.Statistics sample runs - Standard Statistic" and "9.Summary - Sample summary", see you summary now!
Hope it is what you are seeking.
(A.10)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: